Lauren Murphy founded Heritage Properties of the Adirondacks, LLC in 2009 as a natural progression of her experience and talents which include:
- 25 years of local and regional experience in restoration, preservation & adaptive reuse of historic buildings.
- Worked with individuals, town governments, not-for-profits to plan and fund
historic preservation projects.
- Restored five houses of her own.
- Familiar with local contractors who do restoration and rehabilitation work, as well as fine new construction.
- 17 years of local real estate experience, 5 years as an owner/broker.
- Familiarity with local and regional planning and zoning, as well as architectural and conservation easements, grants and tax credits for historic preservation projects.
The goals of Heritage Properties of the Adirondacks, LLC are to connect people who love old houses with historic houses for sale in the Essex, NY area and to encourage restoration, rehabilitation and adaptive reuse. We seek conservation buyers who will preserve and protect the wild forests, rivers and rural landscapes in the boquet river valley (Essex, Westport, Willsboro, and Lewis areas) and around the Split Rock Wildway Wildlife
Corridor connecting Lake Champlain with the High Peaks of the Adirondacks.